Does breast implant surgery increase risk of breast cancer?
No, according to studies, it can be said that breast implant surgery has no effect on increasing the risk of breast cancer, so women can easily perform this cosmetic surgery without worrying about it.
Will the breast prosthesis be torn ?!
The risk of rupture of the breast prosthesis is not permanent. In fact, modern prostheses and implants and modern surgical techniques have made breast prosthesis one of the least dangerous and least complicated cosmetic surgeries. But people who are very physically active or do sports that are very likely to hit their breasts are more at risk for their breast prosthesis to rupture. But in fact, the strength and durability of the prosthesis is not different from the body and it can not be torn by hand pressure and impact unless an object tears the body skin, in which case the prosthesis is also torn.
What are breast prosthesis made of?
The outer layer of all prostheses is made of silicone and the inside of these prostheses is filled with various materials such as salt water or pure silicone gel. In the past, saline-filled prostheses or silicone-filled prostheses were used only for breast prosthesis surgery, but now cohesive silicone gel is more commonly used.
Do silicone prostheses harden over time?
The prosthesis may become stiff or deformed, although this may occur in just 10% of patients. If this happens, another surgery will be performed to correct the problem.
Are there any risks with breast implant surgery?
Breast augmentation surgery is not dangerous and does not pose a risk to patients, but this surgery, like other surgeries, has minor problems such as swelling, bruising, redness, etc., which resolve over time. In some people, nipple anesthesia may occur temporarily, and this is less likely if the surgery is performed by trained and experienced surgeons.
Can I breastfeed after a breast implant surgery?
Yes, but be sure to tell your doctor before the operation. To reduce the potential risks of this operation and its involvement in breastfeeding, the general recommendation is not to use periareolar incisions. Because after a breast prosthesis, there is a risk of interfering with the sensation of the nipple and placing the implant under the muscle.
Are there any side effects to breastfeeding with a prosthetic breast?
Another question that is often asked about the side effects of breast prosthesis on breastfeeding is whether it is possible for prosthetic material to enter breast milk and enter the baby’s food. This idea is completely wrong. Research has shown that there is no harmful substance in the milk of women who have had a breast prosthesis, and there is no difference between breast milk with breast prosthesis and other mothers.
When can I have sex after a breast implant surgery?
Most surgeons recommend postponing sex for two weeks after the procedure. Having sex raises your blood pressure too much and can cause blood to collect around the implant and cause a complication called a hematoma. After two weeks, you should carefully intercourse and avoid movements that put pressure on the implant. It takes about six weeks for your married life to return to normal.
Is it possible to travel by plane for people who have had a breast implant surgery?
According to old rumors, the idea was created that people with breast prostheses, due to the air pressure caused by altitude that is created in the plane; They should not have air travel. This is a very wrong idea. There are no restrictions for prothesis in air travel, and you can easily travel by plane after recovering from a breast implant surgery.
Is it necessary to change the prosthesis after a few years of surgery?
No, used prostheses have a high durability, and there is no need to replace the prosthesis
Does breast implant surgery increase a person’s risk of developing cancer?
No, according to studies, it can be said that breast surgery has no effect on increasing the risk of breast cancer, so women can easily perform this cosmetic surgery without worrying about it.
Do I need an auxiliary bra?
After the operation, you may feel discomfort and pain in your chest. As a result, your surgeon may recommend that you wear a bra during the first 2-5 weeks after surgery.
Can I take a shower as usual?
Your surgeon will give you specific instructions on how to shower and wash. You may not be able to take a shower for a few days after the operation or moisturize the surgical area. When you want to take a shower, you may need the help of others and you can not do it alone.
Does breast implant surgery also cause breast lift?
No, if patients are also interested in breast lift, they can have prosthesis and breast lift surgery at the same time.
When can I exercise again?
Being able to exercise depends on your physical condition. We recommend that you refrain from exercising for the first three weeks of surgery to help your body heal faster. During this time, aerobic exercise causes the breasts to swell and slow down the healing process. After the third week, you can do light activities such as cycling, and after six weeks, you can continue your previous activities.
What is postoperative care like?
After breast operation , Dr. Mohsen Fadaei recommends the following care:
- Typically, this surgery is performed under general anesthesia and the patient is hospitalized for one day.
- When the patient is discharged from the hospital, painkillers and oral antibiotics are prescribed. If your doctor allows, you can remove the dressing on the first day after the operation and take a bath if you wish.
- Do not drive in the first days after surgery and do not move your hands too much
- Walking is not forbidden for women who have had breast prosthesis surgery, but it is also forbidden to do sports such as swimming or exercises that involve the upper torso until some time after breast prosthesis surgery.
- Women who have had breast prosthesis surgery should avoid using solarium for a while.
- It is recommended that you avoid sleeping on your stomach for the first few weeks after a breast prosthesis surgery.
- The first examination after a breast implant surgery is usually done 3 to 5 days after the operation. In the first examination, if diagnosed by a doctor, a special tape (Elastic Wrap) is used, which is closed around the chest.
- The patient can usually return to work a few days after the operation, but strenuous activity and strenuous exercise for 2 to 3 weeks is strictly prohibited.
- Most swelling of the operation decreases during the first 3 to 5 weeks.
- Sensitivity of the breast tissue, especially to the touch, may last for several weeks. • Postoperative examinations are usually performed 4 to 6 weeks, 3 months and one year after surgery, after which patients should be examined every few years
Phone: 021-88873550 and 021-88198973