getting familiar with different types of cosmetic prostheses
Many events may require people to use implant surgery. Physical accidents such as accidents or illness, as well as surgeries that change the shape of the body or cause defects in the physique and limbs. Also, aesthetic reasons and achieving the expected beauty and appearance are all reasons for performing surgeries or using prostheses. With the advancement of technology, these problems have been solved by performing various types of cosmetic prostheses. This type of cosmetic surgery is performed by a cosmetic surgeon at a beauty clinic or hospital.
Application of various body and face cosmetic prostheses
Since there are different types of cosmetic prostheses, the methods of using them are completely different; When a part of the body is lost due to injury or disease, it is sometimes possible to rebuild lost parts. In the section related to missing limbs, this is done with the help of orthopedics and artificial limbs, but in the case of breast, hip, etc. prostheses, surgery is needed to place the prosthesis.
The amount of incision will vary depending on the type of prosthesis and its placement area, and sutures that are absorbed by the body are often used for sutures. Most of these surgeries are performed under general anesthesia, after which a prosthesis, which has different types, is placed in the area. To remove facial wrinkles or fill in facial organs such as cheeks and chin, prosthesis is often done by injection of silicone material, injection is done with small syringes and in most cases their place will not be visible.
Who are cosmetic prostheses suitable for?
- People who are dissatisfied with their limbs due to natural or congenital defects in various areas such as the chest or face and buttocks.
- A person who has had to have part or all of her breast removed due to breast cancer
- For people with congenital or genetic defects, for example in cases of small and flat buttocks or asymmetry of the breasts, the use of prostheses is a good option for these people.
- When low bone growth causes a defect in the face, such as when the chin or cheekbones are not well developed and small.
Types of cosmetic facial prostheses:
People who have lost the shape of their chin in a natural accident or car accident, or who have lost the beauty of their chin due to mouth and jaw problems, can use special chin prostheses.
Genioplasty or chin surgery is a type of cosmetic treatment and operation that is performed to bring the chin and jaw forward as well as to enlarge the small jaws.
There are many types of chin prostheses available that are made from a variety of materials, including silicone or other materials.
Lip prosthesis :
Lip augmentation using a lip prosthesis or gel injection in the lips makes the lips look plump and prominent, and this improves the overall appearance of the face. Those with thin lips, in particular, can benefit from the benefits of lip prosthesis with gel injections.
As you grow older, your lips become thinner and less noticeable because your body produces less collagen. This way you can increase the volume of your lips that are lost with age or lips that are naturally thin.
By having a prosthesis at the top and bottom of the “protrusion” on the nose (nasal hump), a flat nose can be easily achieved and its defect eliminated. In addition, by injecting the gel around the tip of the nose, it can be customized. The main advantage of this method compared to surgical methods is less risk, shorter recovery period, fewer side effects and at the same time achieving very similar results.
Using this method, the appearance of the nose can be changed within 5 minutes without any pain. This method can be used to lift the tip of the nose, remove medium nasal humps, eliminate imperfections and indentations of the nose, and correct the shape of the nose.
Types of body prosthesis surgeries
Today, one of the cosmetic surgeries and prostheses that has grown significantly among women is breast prosthesis surgery. Medication, hormonal disorders, menopause, and eventually aging are other factors that affect breast size. For these reasons, breast augmentation is one of the most common cosmetic surgeries requested by women in the world. The procedure involves surgery that uses artificial prostheses to increase the size and shape of the breasts.
Breast augmentation improves the size and shape of the breasts, especially in people who have unbalanced or underdeveloped breasts.Surgical breast augmentation is a safe cosmetic procedure with Minimal invasion is performed in a one to two hour procedure under general anesthesia.
This prosthesis is made of silicone and is stronger than face and breast prostheses. The choice of hip prosthesis type is based on the firmness of the hip muscle in the examination. For people who need to increase the tone of the hip area, such as people with ptosis and laxity in this area, “People with congenital and acquired deformity in this area,” People who have asymmetrical buttocks “or people who have a secondary operation to enlarge the buttocks. He used an elastic silicone prosthesis with a firm consistency.
Some women and even men inherited lower limbs and do not have the desired shape, while others have flattened hips due to age. These people can consider hip prosthesis surgery and fat injection to restore confidence and have a better shape of the lower torso.
Material of cosmetic prostheses
In classifying the types of cosmetic prostheses, we have three categories:
- The first group is the silicone prosthesis, which is one of the oldest types of facial prostheses that have been proven to be compatible with the body (more than 100 years have passed since their use). One of the main advantages of installing a silicone prosthesis is its cheapness, softness and very easy removal by a plastic surgeon.
- The second group of prostheses are made of Gortex. These prostheses are dense foam and have pores in which the surrounding tissue can penetrate. Because they have little flexibility, a larger incision must be made to place them, and more pressure is applied to the muscles and nerves around them. If the prosthesis becomes infected for any reason, it must be replaced and they are more difficult to remove than silicone prostheses. Infection without an unknown cause is not uncommon for months after the implants are placed.
- The third group is Medpour-Purks prostheses, which have hard bone tissue and many pores. Therefore, the surrounding tissue penetrates them to a large extent. With these conditions, their replacement is associated with damage to the tissue adjacent to the prosthesis. In case of infection, these prostheses, similar to Gortex prostheses, must be removed.
Risks and complications of prosthesis
Prosthetics, like other surgeries, can have complications and risks, so choosing a skilled surgeon and prostheses that are of a better material and meet the required standards can greatly reduce these complications and risks.
One of the most common complications after a prosthesis is pain, which can be easily relieved by fully observing the items recommended by your surgeon.
durability of cosmetic prostheses
Cosmetic prostheses generally have two special methods for beauty, in injection methods, they have less durability, which can be repaired by re-injection. In the other method, which is implanted in the breast and buttocks, they are often more durable and longer. The life of implants varies from person to person.
Suitable age for prosthesis surgery
Prosthetics can be performed from the age of 18 and it is not too late to improve the appearance of the face and body. Therefore, this cosmetic surgery is usually performed until the age of 60. In fact, the person should be able to tolerate surgery and anesthesia, as well as possible complications after prosthetic surgery.